March 6, 2014

Pimpin' Joy



Bobby Bones and Amy of the "Bobby Bones Show" are encouraging us to start Pimpin' Joy, however we can. I have decided that my method of pimpin' joy is to raise money doing something that I love for a cause I believe in. This race season, I will be raising money for St. Judes Children's Research Hospital by running several races and asking for my family, friends, acquaintances, and frenemies to donate money to St Judes for the races that I run. I will be starting here at home with the Country Music Half.

I registered for the 2014 County Music Half Marathon, the race that is closest to my heart, as it is the race that started me on this crazy weight loss/running journey. In years past, I have run this race with the sole intention (pun intended) of completion. This year, I am running it with a few different goals in mind:

1. Finish with a sub 2:00 time
2. Finish with no injuries
3. Raise at least $500 for St Judes Childrens Research Hospital

I registered to be a St. Jude's Hero. I have seen the jerseys at all the races, and I have always wanted to get involved, but have never been able to have advance planning time to get sponsors and donors. This year, I am getting it done.

The information on the race:

When: 26 April 2014
Time: 7:00 am
Location: In front of the Ryman Auditorium
Website: http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/nashville/register

Course map: http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/nashville/course

Donate to St. Judes Today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment